3.28.2006

California Dreaming Pt. 1

Last Thursday at around 1:30 I got on a plane bound for San Jose, California. Don't worry reader: I had purchased tickets for this flight, this was no spur of the moment plane jacking. I had planned for some weeks to go out to Palo Alto and visit Dan and Chris at Stanford. I hope if nothing else this story proves that I'm smart, if only by association.
The first leg of the trip was a quick jaunt over to Minneapolis where I had a five hour layover. Mommy came to the airport to pick me up and we went back to the house of my birth (which is being sold) and I ate sandwiches and regailed my mother with off color stories from New York. I think it's the first time I told her a story ending with myself exclaiming (in the story and not to my mother) "Damn those some tig ol' bitties!!!".
Around 8pm I got back on a plane headed to San Jose and the greater West Coast (that's where the rappers what hated on the East coast are from). The second plane ride was equally uneventful. Perhaps the only good things to come from Aero-planes are thus: 1)They are much faster than cars and trains. 2) You can take neat pictures out their windows.


I touched down in San Jose at 10:50. Chris and Dan were there waiting for me along with Chris' girlfriend Lisa, who I hadn't met before. The four of us went to the grocery store and bought ice cream and then went back to their apartment. The weather was very nice, especially since MN had snow.
The next morning I awoke and Dan and I went over to Stanford's campus. Dan had to work on some school related computer things, so I thought I'd take advantage of the day by sitting around campus reading a book and ogling undergrads... which I did. Stanfords campus is very big and easily defendable, let that be a lesson to the Japanese if their expansionist eyes happen upon Stanford. It is a complex of giant courtyards, passageways and mamoth school buildings filled with classrooms to teach young minds.

That night Dan and I went to a grad students birthday party and I drank a wee bit too much. No pukey, but the next morning/mid-day/afternoon wasn't so much fun. Chris, Lisa and I went and ate giant pancakes and then played Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. I killed a lot of hookers, and I only wanted to find a knife so I could slit a cops throat...
The next morning Chris and I took Dan to the airport so's he could go to New York where his gal pal Jen is. It's kind of funny to me that in the olden days it took people nearly a year to get from the east coast to the west and usually involved canabalism, and now it's a six hour plane ride (assuming you don't have layovers).

No comments: