3.30.2006

California Dreaming Pt. 2

So I want to start out this second part first with an apology. It has recently come to my attention that every time I post you all receive a notification that I have done so. This is ridiculous and I hadn't posted the second part earlier because I was trying to figure out how to turn it off. Unfortunately what Friendster's tech people told me is that you dear reader have to turn off the receive notification option. So, if you're sick of hearing that I've patted myself on the back again with another self inflated ego stroking post, you'll have to go into "My Settings" in the upper right section of your account page and turn off the receive notifications. And now into the post.

As I was saying, plane rides make life so much easier. So after we unloaded Dan, Chris and I went back to the apartment, grabbed Chris' girlfriend Lisa and walked to a pancake house in Palo Alto's downtown shopping district. When Chris and I were in High school we had comparable appetites. It hurts me to say that Chris is no longer capable of keeping "it" real. He and Lisa shared three pancakes and couldn't finish them. I ate two by myself and could have easily eaten another. I won't eat someone else’s left overs because that's what poor people do and I was still feeling rocky from the night before so they got a to-go box. Afterwards we went back to the apartment and took Lisa's car to Half Moon Bay.

On the way there Chris told me the truth about California. I was shocked that one, Dan had never said anything about these facts and that two, I had never read this stuff anywhere. Someone high up has been keeping y'all ignorant and I'm about to set it straight.


1) California has the most Space lasers of any state in the Union.
2) Most of these Space lasers are located beneath fake lakes.
3) All lakes in California are fake, the California the Spanish encountered only had the ocean and some rivers.
4) California is on a fault line. Some day a giant Earthquake will happen and the rest of the country will fall into the ocean leaving only the Californians.
5) Californians are sure they're better than you.

Half Moon bay was pretty but I'm pretty sure Chris only made us go there because his last name is Moon.




(Chris and Lisa at Half Moon Bay)


After the bay we went back to Palo Alto, had some dinner at a nice pizza place called Patxi's. The waiter kept calling it "Patchi's" and I felt bad because he was clearly too stupid to pronounce it correctly as "Pattexis".
Sunday Lisa went back to school in San (some other southern part of California) and Chris and I went over to the physics lab. Chris is building, along with a few other people, a world-class electron microscope. It is capable of seeing an atom.

The lab is in a sub basement and nearly soundproof. I saw a picture of an Atom but it just looked like a weird hexagon. Science is kind of unimpressive actually.
Afterwards we played more GTA San Andreas and I went to sleep. The next morning I hopped on three planes to get back to NY and was in bed by 10pm EST.


The high points of the flight? Sleeping, sleeping through the in flight movie on the way to Atlanta (can anyone say Aeon Flux?) and the one hour between Atlanta and Cincinnati where I flew first class. I drank a lot of free coke and ate a lot of free pretzels. I also took the remote control from my personal entertainment console, the sleeping man next to me's laptop, the emergency oxygen mask in the panel above me (I jimmied the panel open with a pen) and I joined the mile high club by myself. All in all I give California a thumb up.

No comments: