12.05.2011

Will someone please make this?

I came across this a couple days ago when I was looking for a video featuring the main theme music from Conan the Barbarian. You know how it is, close to bedtime and all you really want is to get super pumped listening to "Anvil of Crom". Anyhoo, I stumbled on a video titled "Conan the Barbarian: The Musical" and it was really good. Like, it's funny... but I'd also pay money to see this on Broadway.

The thing is, there are a lot of really crappy musicals based on movies. I'm not going to name any names, but there are a lot. That's sort of Broadway's thing these days, because they're afraid, like Hollywood, of new ideas that aren't pre-packaged. And generally I'm against the idea of regurgitating old media to create new, redundant media. BUT, how fucking amazing would Conan The Barbarian be on Broadway?

HOW ABOUT THIS AMAZING:



And when you're done making millions off of Conan The Musical, you can follow up with making David Bowie's musical based on 1984, Diamond Dogs. You can thank me by paying me 5% of all profits on both pieces. Thanks.

No comments: