9.18.2006

Hello there Google robot.

Did you know that Google searches are powered by Google robots? My friend Dan, who interned with Google this summer, explained to me once that these robots browse the internet all day long, and then associate words with the sites they were on. For instance, if I wrote the word soup thousands of times on my blog, and then the robots read it, when you typed the word soup in a Google search this page would more than likely come up. Also, pictures that are labled with words will come up on Google image searches, such as cans of soup. That is why the proceeding "article" will contain almost nothing but references to me in a piece I call: John Kingman on John Kingman.


I recently sat on the couch in my apartment with none other than John Kingman to talk about life, love, Cold War History and humor. John Kingman, as many of you know, is the editor and head writer at Toilet Time for Tiny Town, as well as being a contributor on video gaga and the guy who never flushes the urinal at the Roebling Tea Room.

John Kingman: So John Kingman, thanks for meeting with me.
John Kingman: Not a problem, we are the same person after all.
John Kingman: Yes, we're both John Kingman
(laughter)
John Kingman: I heard recently that you've been getting involved in a book club. How's that going?
John Kingman: Great, really great. We started off reading the History of Love by that lady married to that other writer... you know?
John Kingman: Sure sure... that chick. I'm totally with you.
John Kingman: Awesome. It was a great book. The discussion that followed was also really interesting. Lot of talk about different aspects of the plot and characters. Now we're reading the Glass Key by the guy who wrote Maltese Falcon... which was a movie with Humphrey Bogart.
John Kingman: I saw that.
John Kingman: I know.
John Kingman: Speaking of books, you love Cold War history... why is that?
John Kingman: When I was a kid... well, let me quote the popular Minnesota MC, Slug, of Atmosphere, when I say I was "More afraid of nuclear war than bee stings". I was absolutely convinced that I was going to end up living in a post nuclear holocaust world.
John Kingman: Mmm.
John Kingman: As I grew older I sort of calmed down on that, though I still think it could happen. What I found though was that I'd become very interested in how the world had gotten to the point it had in the mid-eighties where everyone was convinced it was going to happen and it would only be a matter of years. I've read extensively on that subject since.
John Kingman: When you say extensively, you mean extensively for John Kingman.
John Kingman: Yes, I mean by John Kingman standards, which is like... an article in Time Magazine, and then a lot of heresay from other people. Did you know that the Soviets had flying saucers?
John Kingman: I heard that somewhere, yes. How's life?
John Kingman: Pretty good... Pretty good.
John Kingman: And love?
John Kingman: I could complain, but what would be the point?
John Kingman: I hear ya'. Well John, it was a pleasure.
John Kingman: The pleasure was mine Kingman, the pleasure was mine.

2 comments:

Bronwen said...

wow, this website looks like a great place to come for all things "john kingman"!

Anonymous said...

That conversation with yourself was much too short.