9.06.2006

They're all going to laugh at you

Ah, fall is in the air. The leaves will soon start changing colors, animals will get fat trying to stave off death from starvation, and I'll get to wear hoodies and pull overs. Yes, the seasons are changing just as they do every year. Autumn in New York is truly a wonderful experience... the season... not the movie... the movie sucked.

So now you're asking yourself, "What's Kingman up to this fall? I'll bet it's something awesome". The answer as to my Fall projects are these. I'm going to make a short, and I'm quitting smoking... again.
Judge all you want bastards, I did quit a long time ago. I made it something like three months without one of those little bastards gracing my lungs. But, as you smokers and former smokers out there know, smoking is hard to quit.

This little cartoon makes it look like fun to quit smoking. It couldn't be farther from the truth. Quitting smoking is like giving up hope. Smoking provides you with a sense of self, a purpose, something to do with your hands. Quitting smoking makes you have to ask tough questions like

"Am I still cool?" "Will women find me attractive now that I'm not a rebel?" and "What would James Dean do?". Now clearly I'm not going to go crash my car and die... because I don't have a car... and I don't want to die. That said I clearly need to quit smoking, since smoking, in no uncertain terms, causes cancer.
So once again I've donned the patch and am trying to keep those little bastards from getting in my mouth and fouling my lungs. What makes this time different?

Absolutely nothing, but if I don't keep trying then I let the terrorists win, because that's what they want, John Kingman dead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate that when you upgrade to beta you can't comment anymore.
"You can do it!!!" I know you can.
Besides your too cute to smell that bad.